In 2 Timothy 3, Paul listed eighteen definite topics which verifies the last days and perilous times. That list is:
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high-minded, and lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God.
Of all the wickedness listed here, one really stands out; unthankful.
The Bible is replete in encouraging the people of God in both the Old and the New Testaments to be thankful, and be filled with a heart of thanksgiving. Perhaps the most oft quoted Bible verse on the subject is Psalms 100:4 which says, “enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.”
I am thankful for all the benefits and blessings from the Lord and want to mention a few of them:
- A strong spirit of unity in our church.
- For the blessings and growth the Lord has bestowed upon us as only a 2 year old church.
- The love, care and concern we have for each other is becoming a characteristic of our church.
- Anointed Church Services! We meet twice a week for worship; on Sunday at 2:30 P.M. and then Wednesday at 7:00 P.M. Every church service is unique but every church service has the undeniable presence of God! For these blessings we are thankful!
- Being forgiven by the grace of God!
- The revelation of the Mighty God in Christ Jesus; Jesus IS LORD OF ALL!
- Our sins being remitted by Jesus when baptized in His name!
- The personal infilling of the baptism of the Holy Ghost which is always accompanied with speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance!
- The Bible: The book that is the anointed and infallible word of God.
- For a place to worship.
- For dedicated people willing to work for the Lord!
For these blessings and many more we are thankful!